It feels like every week of 2023 has seen some new huge developments in artificial intelligence (AI). Since the launch of ChatGPT in November 2022, the hype has been immense. The technology – and similar products that can generate text, images and video – promise a huge disruption, like the personal computer or the Internet itself.
This session will use live and interactive examples to demonstrate how ChatGPT and other generative AI technologies can grow fundraisers in three distinct ways:
- By acting as a partner in the process of generating and developing ideas, strategies, options and opinions, saving time and making them stronger and more fit for purpose.
- By providing an assistant to undertake tasks that can be labourious or complicated, freeing up time and energy for other priorities.
- By acting as a new team member, bringing in additional skills and support to teams and individuals in new areas.
Not engaging with generative AI now is not a viable option for fundraisers. ChatGPT will soon be part of Windows and the Microsoft Office suite – making clear that generative AI is going to be part of the way we work in the very near future. This practical session offers the opportunity for fundraisers to engage with technologies before they are rolled out to all fundraisers – and to identify how they can already help them be more productive, efficient and effective in their day-to-day work now.
Downloads and resources
- Video and recap of the session on Butter.us
- Storybird.ai: The Digital Ally. The storybook created during the session (”In the heart of London, Sarah, a senior fundraiser, discovers an unexpected ally in her quest for a game-changing donation.”)